Bra Couture KC raises funds for cancer patients in the greater Kansas City area who cannot pay for their cancer supplies such as cancer medication, transportation to treatment, prosthetics, wigs, surgical supplies and lymphedema garments. Serving men, women and children touched by all cancers, our primary event uniquely celebrates breast cancer survivors to raise funds for Kansas City area organizations who are aligned with our mission.
Bra Couture KC is proud to announce our accomplishments and expansion of services throughout Kansas City:
- In just six years Bra Couture KC has raised over $980,000 for Kansas City’s uninsured/underinsured cancer community
- As well as serving over 5,000 uninsured cancer patients at KU alone, we have:
- Donated $35,000 to purchase a lymphedema measuring machine at KU Cancer Center
- Donated $45,000 to close the gap for cancer medications for uninsured cancer patients and $5,000 for transportation for patients to receive critical treatment at the KU Cancer Center
- Donated $30,000 to create a new Lymphedema Services practice at the KU Cancer Center under the direction of Dr. Jamie Wagner, just hired from MD Anderson
- Bra Couture KC is excited to announce Truman Medical Center (TMC) as a recipient of Bra Couture KC proceeds from 2014/15 to the Bra Couture KC appearance center in the Richard and Annette Bloch Cancer Center at TMC. With our support, cancer patients at TMC will have high-quality appearance items such as wigs, prosthetics, and other pre- and post-op surgical supplies, professionally fitted to each patient by on-site certified technicians from within the nurse navigator group at TMC. Bra Couture KC will fund the certification cost for each technician, as well as provide lymphedema garments to patients in need.
- Bra Couture KC is a founding member of the Wyandotte County Task Force to address a critical issue: Wyandotte County currently has the highest percentage of women losing their lives to breast cancer in America. Bra Couture KC will develop the educational video and take-a-ways to be used by this task force to increase the awareness for early detection and save lives.
- Bra Couture KC also donated funds to support uninsured at North Kansas City Hospital, Shawnee Mission Hospital and Cancer Action.
- Bra Couture KC in partnership with Surviving the Odds, holds screening parties bi-monthly to screen women from underserved communities for early detection. We have screened over 160 women in 2015 alone.
Please consider becoming a sponsor for Bra Couture KC; all of the money raised by BCKC remains right here in Kansas City to take care of our own.