BRA COUTURE KC CELEBRATES THE JOURNEY TO SURVIVAL
April 13, 2018
SIGNATURE FLIGHT SUPPORT (TWA MUSEUM – DOWNTOWN AIRPORT)
Bra Couture KC raises funds for cancer patients in the greater Kansas City area who cannot pay for their cancer supplies such as cancer medication, transportation to treatment, prosthetics, wigs, surgical supplies and lymphedema garments. Serving men, women and children touched by all cancers, our primary event uniquely celebrates breast cancer survivors to raise funds for Kansas City area organizations who are aligned with our mission.
Bra Couture KC’s annual event is a unique and fun auction showcasing eclectic work-of-art bras modeled by breast cancer survivors to celebrate their triumph over cancer.
It’s not about the bra….it’s about the bravado to walk a 92-foot runway and the survival journey that is represents. From shaken to surety; from fearful to fierce; from unsure to unflappable…..a million dollar feeling.
The theme for Bra Couture KC 2018 is Masquerade and the Million Dollar Milestone as we work our way to donating over a million dollars to uninsured cancer patients, men, women and children in the greater Kansas City area.
Bra Couture KC is volunteer driven and because of the dedication of these volunteers, our amazing sponsors and in-kind donors, together we can achieve this million-dollar mark in contributions granted to cancer support and prevention, cancer services and cancer survivorship. Thank You!!
Event Date: April 13,2018
Event Location: Signature Flight Support (TWA Museum – Downtown Airport) – 10 NW Richards Road, Kansas City, MO 64116
The VIP Experience
• Mingle with team members from Sporting KC, KC Chiefs
• Exclusive artwork and work-of-art bras only available at the VIP Party
• Bid on exclusive items only available to VIP guests
• Meet and enjoy food by celebrity chefs and Kansas City Original restaurants
Bra Couture KC Art Walk
The Bra Couture KC Art Walk features approximately 20 work-of-art bras that are available in a silent auction. Included in the Art Walk are over 50 pieces of amazing art work by local Kansas City artists in many different media such as ceramics, jewelry, metal work, paintings, and others.
Artwork donated to Bra Couture KC for this year’s event will be on display throughout the Art Walk on April 13, 2018.
Click here to view pieces from the generous artists that have donated items for the Art Walk. Bra Couture KC will receive donations from various artists for items purchased directly, so shopping online and at the Art Walk will provide funds to cancer patients in need. Check back regularly as new artwork will be added as we countdown to the event!
Also available in the Art Walk will be a sports memorabilia table with high end autographed sports items from the KC Chiefs, Royals, KU, MU and K-State.
The Fashion Show
The “Top 15″ art bras are modeled live on the runway with the top 10 designed art bras auctioned live by George Nigro. Every art bra comes with an amazing package that includes such things as trips, jewelry, a KC night out, etc.
Accomplishments of Bra Couture KC
Bra Couture KC is proud to announce our accomplishments and expansion of services throughout Kansas City:
- In just seven years Bra Couture KC has raised over $1.3M for Kansas City’s uninsured/underinsured cancer community
- As well as serving over 5,000 uninsured cancer patients at KU alone, we have:
- Donated $35,000 to purchase a lymphedema measuring machine at KU Cancer Center
- Donated $45,000 to close the gap for cancer medications for uninsured cancer patients and $5,000 for transportation for patients to receive critical treatment at the KU Cancer Center
- Donated $30,000 to create a new Lymphedema Services practice at the KU Cancer Center under the direction of Dr. Jamie Wagner, recently hired from MD Anderson
- Continue to donate to the KU Cancer Center on an annual basis with donations totaling over $410,000 to-date.
- Bra Couture KC also continues to donate to Truman Medical Center (TMC) to support the Bra Couture KC appearance center in the Richard and Annette Bloch Cancer Center at TMC. With our support, cancer patients at TMC will have high-quality appearance items such as wigs, prosthetics, and other pre- and post-op surgical supplies, professionally fitted to each patient by on-site certified technicians from within the nurse navigator group at TMC. Bra Couture KC will fund the certification cost for each technician, as well as provide lymphedema garments to patients in need. To-date we have donated $115,000 to Truman Medical Center.
- Bra Couture KC also donated funds to support uninsured at North Kansas City Hospital for lymphedema services for all cancer patients; men, women and children.
- Bra Couture KC donates funds to support Cancer Action with a total of $50,000 dated to-date. Cancer Action is a community based non-profit agency offering a comprehensive array of programs and services addressing the physical, social, emotional, financial and spiritual needs of persons with cancer, their family, and friends.
- Bra Couture KC in partnership with “Surviving the Odds”, holds mammogram screening parties every other month screening 30 women from underserved communities who do not have insurance. Once per year we have a screening party that screens 80 women. To-date we have screened over 400 women and discovered 9 women with cancer, fast-tracking those patients for immediate care and saving their lives.
- Bra Couture KC donated $2500 to Shawnee Mission Medical Center for their appearance center to cover supplies for uninsured cancer patients at that center.
Please consider becoming a sponsor for Bra Couture KC; all of the money raised by Bra Couture KC remains right here in the greater Kansas City area to take care of our own.